Point Cloud Conversion and 3D CAD Modeling Services
F3 provides 3D CAD modeling services from point cloud data derived from the use of 3D laser scanning technology. These devices measure millions of points on an object or structure’s surface and the point cloud is all the measurements compiled in one environment. F3 uses point cloud data, along with conventional survey data, to create digital 3D models for clients across a variety of asset-intensive industries such as:
- Commercial building
- Heavy construction
- Power generation
- Petroleum refining
- Chemical processing
The addition of 3D CAD models supports the design, construction and maintenance process associated with the operation of these facilities and projects. F3 has modeled laser scan data for thousands of as-built projects, ranging from entire industrial plants to hospitals & laboratories to amusement parks & stadiums to waste water plants & dams.
Transforming 3D Scans to 3D Models
F3 uses the following process to deliver accurate depictions of as-built conditions:
- Using 3D scanners, the data is scanned from various angles to ensure the entire object or facility is captured.
- Point clouds are derived from the raw data.
- The data is converted to readable scan files.
- 3D CAD models are generated from the files.
In the final form, the models are nearly indistinguishable from the original object or structure. This is a cost-effective and time-saving alternative to the conventional methods of taking actual measurements on site for the generation of as-built drawings.
Partners with The Leaders in CAD Modeling Technology
F3’s CAD specialists are familiar with a wide variety of CAD software solutions and platforms including:
- Autodesk AutoCAD 2D Linework
- Autodesk AutoCAD 3D Solids
- Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Autodesk Inventor
- Autodesk Navisworks
- Autodesk Plant 3D
- Autodesk Revit
- Bently Microstation
- Trimble SketchUp
Why Work with F3 on Your Next 3D CAD Modeling Project
- Accepts all major point cloud formats to meet project goals and expectations.
- Engineering level of accuracy.
- Large staff allows for timely execution.