3D Laser Scanning Services
3D laser scanning is sometimes referred to as LIDAR (Light Detection And Ranging) or high definition surveying. It is the most effective solution for addressing the most complicated challenges in measuring and locating the as-built conditions of any industrial environment. To make the data actionable for a project manager or an engineer, the scanner outputs the data into a point cloud, which is essentially a virtual map of an objects surface geometry. This collected information can be analyzed as a 3D CAD model to further measure the current deviation of an object’s shape or location from its designed specifications.
F3 is a leading provider of 3D laser scanning services and provides its clients with the following deliverables in a variety of formats:
The Advantages of Utilizing 3D Laser Scanning
F3’s 3D laser scanning services are designed to transform the planning, engineering and construction of large scale projects through data, visualization and business intelligence. The key benefits of these services include:
- Accurate data
- Shorter operational shutdowns, reduced downtime and improved safety
- Reduced need for site re-visits
- Faster process for asset data capture with engineering level accuracy
- Current and complete information of industrial assets
- Highly effective virtual representations of as-built conditions
- Point cloud data for inspections
- CAD models for reverse engineering
Partners with The Leaders in 3D Laser Scanning Technology
F3 utilizes the most efficient 3D laser scanning methods and the latest technology in 3D laser scanning, such as Leica C10 ScanStations, Leica P20 ScanStations, Faro Vantage laser trackers, Faro Focus 3D scanners and the Faro Edge ScanArm, to deliver the most precise measurement of objects, facilities, buildings and infrastructure.
3D Laser Scanning Experience
F3 works with the operators of our nation's most critical industrial assets to minimize operational shutdowns, mitigate risks, eliminate economic waste and reduce environmental hazards through 3D laser scanning. The following asset-intensive industries benefit from F3’s services:
- Chemical Processing
- Power Generation
- Petroleum Refining
3D laser scanning is the ideal data capture and visualization solution of as-built conditions for a variety of projects such as:
- Off-shore platforms
Why Work with F3 on Your Next 3D Laser Scanning Project
- More than 230 clients in construction, petroleum refining, chemical processing and infrastructure.
- Experienced technicians, equipped to work in a variety of environments.
- Comprehensive capabilities that include laser tracking, 3D modeling and 3D print services.